We are now inviting proposals from Austin College faculty for the next round of the Mellon Digital Pedagogy grant program. These grants provide faculty with the funding, consultation, and support to augment their courses with digital applications, tools, content, and connections.
Here is the application form with further details. Stipends are $5,000 for the development of a digitally enhanced course that will be offered three times between 2016 and 2023.
At present, there are 23 faculty grantees. You can peruse their applications and project updates at the Mellon Foundation Grant section of the Digital Pedagogy@Austin College website. I am sure that any and all current grantees would be happy to discuss their experience with potential applicants. Of course, you can also contact Mo Pelzel, Brett Boessen, and Patrick Duffey for questions and guidance in preparing your application. Let us know how we can help you become a part of this innovative program.
Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- does the narrative make a persuasive case that student learning will be enhanced by the proposed project?
- does the project involve strategies, practices, applications, and tools that lend themselves to being more widely shared among AC faculty?
- is there clear potential for the project to build over time, incorporating feedback and further development from one iteration to the next?
- does the project invite collaboration with colleagues in the department, in the division, across campus, and/or beyond campus?
- does the project promote active student learning and student knowledge production and creation, preferably in an open networked learning environment?
- is the project feasible and realistic?
The deadline to apply is Friday, June 10, 2016. Applicants will be notified of their status no later than June 30.